Father’s are an extremely valuable asset in every child’s life.
It’s Father’s Day, it’s not single mom day, it’s not deadbeat dad bashing day. IT’S FATHER’S DAY!
Alright I’m sure that you, just like me have father’s, brother’s, uncles, cousins, grandfather’s, friends etc, basically a host of male figures in your life who are father’s. Not only are they father’s, they are great father’s. Men who deserve to feel appreciate on a day that is created for them.
Why should these men share their day on the same day that deadbeat bashers and single moms look for their moment to shine? Fathers day is not about them so why talk about anything other than, great fathers?
To the mother’s who do it alone, it’s hard trust me I know, I do it alone as well. But I also know that father’s day is not about me. I had my day on mother’s day. I am not looking for recognition on a day that is to recognize great men.. Now trust me I understand the hurt and whatever else you may feel due to the men who are worthless. I just feel as though father’s day is not the day to shout them out, choose another day to “deadbeat baby daddy” bash. My personal opinion is to just move on and be the best mom that you can be. He is not worth any of your energy, but you do you, just not on father’s day.
Here is why we should not give attention to deadbeat fathers.
- Children have other male role models in their lives.
- We are to grown and mature for immature high school actions.
- We as women need to take responsibility for choosing who their father’s are. Sometimes we know that these men aren’t shit before the children come. But we use our hearts instead of our heads.
- We do not need to waste time and energy on talking about someone who does not care. Realize it and move on. If he wanted to be there he would. You can’t make any man do something he doesn’t want to do.
- We are doing good all by ourselves. We are good moms doing the best we can.
Here is why “Single” moms need to stop looking for attention on fathers day.
- YOU ARE NOT A MAN.
- This day is not about you!
- You had your day in May for Mother’s day. To be honest us moms are recognized more often throughout the year than the men are. LET THEM HAVE THEIR DAY, all to themselves.
So I say that to say this. Fathers day is just that, fathers day! A day for great father’s. Leave the deadbeat comments and the single mom moment’s to shine for a day that doesn’t take away from good fathers, on fathers day. This is a day for the men that understand it’s their presence that is needed not their presents. The men that watch and protect their children not “babysit” their children. Father’s don’t babysit their children. The men who respect the mother of their child/ren. You may not get a long but you respect her. The men who are there at all times for their child/ren. The men who simply SHOW UP! This day is for you!
To the great Father’s out there. You are appreciated! Keep doing your fatherly duties. Your babies need you. Have a great day! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
As I always say… These are just my thoughts! Because I am… Just me, MsDraya!