“I admit that my level of weirdness is above the national average, but I’m comfortable with that.”
This is one of those self love, self embracing, self accepting, accept me as I am type of post telling People that I don’t care about your negative opinion about me, because I am human and I know that I have flaws and do things that are weird and out of the “Normal” type of post. I really use to care, but the older and wiser I become the more I realize that peoples negative opinion or thought about me is truly none of my business, AT ALL.
Call me weird, call me crazy but I wear sleeves in the summertime with no regret at all. I do a lot of the things that are considered out of the “Normal.” I do this for no reason other than, this is what I do. Keywords, I do. Not only do I wear sleeves in the summertime, I also
- Eat bread by itself with nothing on it.
- I wear mismatched socks almost every single day. Eehhh I’ll say a lot of days lol.
- I grab the deviled eggs first at Thanksgiving about 90% of the time. (My family still laughs and talks about me. And they do it to my face lol )
- As a grown adult, I still cry at the sad scenes of movies like when Scar killed Mufasa.
- I get excited about buying new books. I get extremely happy. (I actually have a new book in the mail as I type lol)
- I love quotes and I intentionally read a bunch of them a day.
- I prefer Pepsi over Coke. (If I decide on a rare occasion to drink soda.)
- Ginger ale does not count as soda, it is medicine, don’t try to convince me otherwise lol
- I look for the clearance rack first when I walk into the majority of stores.
- I leave snacks on the side of the bed so I can roll over at 1 in the morning, stuff my face, guzzle some water than fall back to sleep. I know, I know its not healthy but neither is alot of other things, don’t judge me. Yolo: You only live once. Be nice lol.
- I sometimes get excited when my plans are cancelled because i’d rather lay in bed, watch a movie and eat snacks.
- I go to multiple restaurants to order particular items to eat during one meal.
- I eat the chocolate off of the edge of a Kit Kat first, then I eat the rest of it.
- I pick up food on the way home and eat it before I actually get home then throw away the evidence so I don’t have to share with my kids lol.
- I laugh at my own jokes because I think I am hilarious lol
- I will watch the same movie back to back, if I like it.
- I will load my arms up with grocery bags to avoid making multiple trips.
The list goes on, see I’m not perfect. I know it and I will never pretend to be. I am perfectly imperfect.
So yes I wear long sleeves in the summertime, because that is what I do. People look at me as if I am weird, and that is ok. I cringe when people ask me why as if I gave them reason to believe that I am hot. Then it gets me when they tell me that I am making them hot when they look at me. Um why are you looking at me lol?
Why cant I just wear long sleeves similar to how people wear long pants in the summer? Do we question people as to why they wear pants in the summer? No! So leave me alone about my long sleeves in the summer lol, Thanks.
If it is one thing that I am learning about myself is that I need to embrace the human that I am. I need to embrace my weird and quirkiness. I am not interested in fitting in with the norm especially if being normal consist of being just like everyone else. I am ok with being called the weird girl because if we are being honest with ourselves we are all a little weird in our own little weird way.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Suess
So again, Yes I wear long sleeves in the summertime. Why? Because that is what I do. Ok I get it, it might seem crazy to you but it’s also not for anyone to understand or agree with because this is simply something that I do. I am one of those regular weird people who don’t follow trends to fit in. I’d much rather stand out than to stand in, with my sleeves on.
“There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they except generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don’t fit into their box are weird. But ill tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory. like indistinguishable faces, like droids, like ignorance.”
So I will leave you with this question… What is something that you do that make people wonder and look at you as if you are “Weird”?
As I always say, these are simply my perspectives and the thoughts that are on my mind. I will never expect for you to agree with me, nor will I judge you for your opinion. Lets participate in grown adult, open minded, positive, motivating, encouraging, powerful, knowledge and wisdom filled conversation. Leave a comment or a question and lets talk. Oh and please leave the negativity, drama, and BS for someone who has time in their day to entertain it. Thank you! I look forward to talking with you!