Law of sacrifice: To attain something of greater value, one must be willing to give up something of lesser value.
You have to want it so bad that you are willing to give up some things for something that will be of great value to you. Sometimes people won’t understand your sacrifice. They will get mad at you because you can’t make engagements or because you are not in the mix of everything. They will tell you everything that you can’t and shouldn’t do. They will tell you that you changed and a whole bunch of others things to deter you from your goals, from your dreams. Why? Because they don’t understand your sacrifice. They don’t understand the reason for your sacrifice.
But I say this: Don’t let anyone, make you feel bad for getting your priorities together and realizing you have to make sacrifice in order to meet your goals and follow your dreams. You have to sacrifice something. Those who deserve to be in your life already understand the sacrifices you are making and they will sacrifice with you.
Do you realize how many opportunities we miss out on in regards to our goals and dreams simply because we don’t make the necessary sacrifices now? In order to get to our dreams we have to make sacrifice. No one got to where they are without sacrifice. So what are you willing to give up? What are you willing to sacrifice for your dreams?
My top 5 sacrifices
- Sleep: While I love my sleep and letting my body rest I have lost more sleep in a short period of time due to my drive and determination to want better for myself and my family. Sometimes my body won’t let me sleep even when I am tired.
- Comfort: Everything I am doing now is new to me, way out of my comfort zone. Honestly its a bit scary because I am unsure of exactly where things will go.
- Personal me time: I already have a busy schedule on a day to day consisting of being a mom, my work life, education life, family life, home life, other responsibilities. So adding more goals and dream allows no time for “Me time.”
- Sanity: Some days I feel more stressed, tired, overwhelmed than others. Working on goals and dream aren’t the easiest thing to do. Its actually quite hard. I am tested very often and some days I question if it will actually be worth it. Some days I feel like I am losing my mind, those are the days that I have t take a break and get back to it. This journey is going to test you, it is part of the process.
- Friends: They say when you start something new such as a business you lose friends. I have realized that I have found myself alone more. Some friends hold you back and keep you from your goals and dreams. Some people don’t deserve to be there. Some friends won’t understand your sacrifice and fault you for it. But true friends understand and they will still be there. So sometimes losing friends is not a bad thing especially when it comes to your goals and your dreams.
Your life is yours! You have to be willing to make many sacrifices for yourself regardless of what others tell you. You can’t feel bad for wanting better for yourself, for having goals, having a dream. Sacrifice now so you can live your life your way later.
I cant, I won’t, I refuse to let people dictate my life! I understand that if I want to be successful I have to sacrifice some things. Remember this, sacrifice is not always a bad thing. Sacrificing doesn’t mean you have to get rid of things in your life. It just means that you have to put some things on hold so you can get to where you need to be.
As I always say… These are just my thoughts, because I am… Just me, MsDraya!